Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday, 05/02/10 Green Mountain

Hit up Green today after work with Sierra.  It was colder than I had hoped and threatening rain did nothing to add to my motivation.  My mind and body were just not all that into it today, but I have an MP3 full of podcasts to catch up on and a dog that really needed exercise (I'll opt for a run up a mountain to avoid taking the dog for a 10 minute walk around the neighborhood).  Listened to Hal talk about WS100 on Endurance Planet (great interview) and some Adam Carolla (lots of laughs as always).

Went pretty easy on the ascent, 10bpm easier than yesterday (150bpm/175max), though I was 2:2? faster (39:58).  The descent was miserable, I was pretty cold and bonked hard about 1/3 of the way down.  I knew I should have packed a gel when I left the car and it was all I could do to lift my feet over rocks and other obstacles.  I fantasized about food the entire way down.  This seems to be what happens when my weight dips below 140, I just don't have the reserves I typically rely on.  Good lesson.  31:36 on the down (110 avg hr/126 max).

No comments:

Post a Comment