Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Meyers Ranch

1/27/08
5miles/~1,000 vertical

After regretfully declining to join Dave for a trip up Bear Peak, Allison, Sierra and I headed to Boulder later in the day to explore one of the few trails around Boulder that I have never been on before, the Meyers Ranch Trail. This is a great rolling wide smooth trail that trends upward on the way out, gaining roughly 750 vertical feet. It was sunny and in the low 60's, a perfect day just to get out and enjoy the warm sun on your face. The trail was packed slushy snow and we ran at a moderate pace out and back. I practiced some of the new modifications to my form as suggested to me by my doctor. It seems a little awkward, but I can see how it will all help in the long run to make me a more efficient runner and be less prone to injury. On the way back, we found a nice sunny meadow to work on some of my rehab exercises while Allison did some yoga and Sierra munched on a large deer antler. One could be fooled into thinking spring is around the corner, but it will for sure snow tomorrow, as I just washed my car after weeks and weeks of procrastination......

No comments:

Post a Comment