Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Thursday, February 21, 2008

S. Boulder Creek

~8.5 miles
~500 vertical
1hr, 8 seconds
152 bpm average

For kicks today I thought I would run some flat trails. I started at the S. Boulder Creek TH, ran Southwest to the Mesa trail, South to the S. Mesa TH, crossed Eldo road and ran the ditch back to 93. From 93, I continued East along the ditch for a while, then looped back to the 93/Marshall road jct and followed 93 back to the car. I ran at a good pace, but nothing too crazy. I would run fast for a bit, then catch myself started to slack off, where I would again pick up the pace. It is hard to maintain a steady effort on the flats. On steep hills, I am used to just having to gun it to try and defy gravity. Downhill can be a controlled freefall, but the flats take some practice to maintain good cadence. I did feel as though I was maintaining good form, cadence etc.... Need to do this once per week at least, I think it will help make me a better runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment