Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

3/11/08 2 Laps on Sanitas

3/11/08
8 miles/3,100 vertical

It was nearly 70 degrees today, which was really adding to the serious spring fever I have been having as of late. It was my first day of the year in shorts and I was feeling a bit pasty, but the warm sun felt so nice physically and mentally. I took a 15 minute warm-up over Red Rocks to Settlers Park at 144bpm average.

Started up Sanitas at a quick pace, but somewhat conservative as to not blow myself up on the first steep section. Was not sure how it was going to go, as I felt good, but not great. My effort was high, but not really a full on effort. I was moving smoothly and my HR was not too high. I checked my watch at the puddle and I was at 14:08 which put me a good bit ahead of last week.

I arrived on top at 17:42 and my HR was 174. I was stoked to be 28 seconds faster than the previous week at one less bpm which is a step in the right direction. Ran back down in 13, including a few minutes to talk to my friend Rex. Did a U-turn and headed back up at a good pace. I did not go too hard, but was surprised at how fresh my legs felt and went up in 19:25.

Rex was waiting at the top and we jogged down together. Today was the first day in a long while that I felt absolutely great in every way and am really looking forward to more of these Spring days.

No comments:

Post a Comment