Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wednesday, 10/01/08 Green Mountain

~9.5 miles
~4,000 vertical

Got out for a run up my now usual route up Green. I was running tight on time, but did not feel like pushing. I just figured I would go up until my watch said 4:15pm, as I was to meet Dave at 4:45 at Chautauqua to run up to the 3rd to watch a few friends do some scrambling. I got to the summit at 4:18 and did an immidiate U turn (42:26 up), and then backtracked my ascent route and went a decent pace on the descent (as well as possible on loose dirt, rock and pine cones with slick shoes) and was back down in 23:?? for a 66 minute RT. I had just enough time to grab my camera, eat a Powerbar and glug half a liter of water before I joined up with Dave to run up to the 3rd. We went at a pretty easy conversational pace, I think it took us 18 or 19 minutes. Dave scrambled up, while I waited at the base to take pictures. I think there were 8 scramblers tonight, all moving fast and I got some cool photos and video. Great evening in Boulder.

Photos and Video:

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r296/jeffvalliere/2008%203rd%20Flatiron/

2 comments:

  1. Is Stefan without a harness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefan is too bad ass for a harness. He actually did the down climb instead of the rappel, setting the unsupported record. Don't have any details yet, waiting for a breakdown of the times from Bill. The order was Stefan, Buzz, Dave Stewart, Bill, then things get fuzzy after that...

    ReplyDelete