Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wednesday, 6/10/09 Green Mountain

Running today did not look likely, as the afternoon deluge was in full swing, tornado warnings, hail, thunder, lightning. Oh well, gotta run a few errands in Boulder anyways, so I figured I would see what happens. My timing was perfect and the rain stopped just as I completed my errand. I was planning on Sanitas, but since I was closer to Chautauqua, I figured I would head in that direction. The air was cool and damp and the ground was soaked as I started up Gregory with no real plan. As I crested Gregory Canyon, I got off the beaten track and visited some vintage routes. I had not visited segment 1 of vintage route in years and it was awesome! The sun came out, everything was green and flowery, the dark clouds to the East looked purple and stood out in stark contrast to my immediate surroundings. I soon hit the Greenman trail, headed up Green via vintage segment 2 (big mistake), intersected the trail again and made it to the top in time to spy a nice rainbow to the East. I went SUPER easy, saving myself for the S. Boulder TT, but I felt awesome and wanted to run hard. I headed back down the front side, in a hurry to get home, but it was all I could do not to tack on another hour or more. This was one of those perfect evenings for running where it all comes together and you just don’t want it to end.

Up in 46/1:11 RT

No comments:

Post a Comment