Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tuesday, 12/01/09 Sanitas

18:43 up, moderate effort. Caught a runner near the top going pretty casual. He started the descent ~10 seconds ahead of me and I figured I would just pass him before long, but he kept up a pretty fast pace and I had to work a bit to catch up. Once I got close, I did not have to push too hard to keep up and was just kind of coasting at times, but it would have been more than I wanted to bite off to pass, especially in the fading light. I was being cautious to not do anything stupid, but I noticed he had a few potentially serious stumbles and I winced thinking he would eat it, so I suspect he was pushing himself to the limit. To my surprise, we made it down in 10:30, which might be a descent PR for me in dry conditions. I offered up a "nice job, great pace" or something to that effect and did not get much in return, he looked pretty worked over from the effort. Either way, he pushed me to a faster than normal descent. Hats off to whoever that was.

1 comment: