Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Friday, 07/23/10 Shrine Mountain (11,888)

This was easily the most enjoyable and fulfilling day I have had so far this summer and it did not involve running a step.  Allison, Sierra and I, along with our friend Jack, who is a longtime professional outdoor photographer (John Fielder type) drove up to Shrine Pass (above Vail Pass) for a casual hike to check out the famed wildflowers that we have heard Jack rave about for years.

The hike was short (~5 miles/800 vertical) and we went very casual, as Allison is now 6 months pregnant and Jack is over 70 with a rebuilt hip.  I was more than fine with the casual pace, as the wildflowers were absolutely out of control and I would not have gone much faster on my own, as I was so busy snapping photos.  Sierra really seemed to like it too, as she was going absolutely nutty running around through the willows, flower and tall grass.  So much fun.  I'll let the photos tell the rest of the story.




















1 comment: