Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tuesday, 12/28/10 Green Mountain x 2

Snuck in 2 laps on Green today, up/down Amphi/Saddle/Greenman.  Went pretty easy on the first lap, moderately casual, but took it very easy on the down, as the 6oz race flats I was wearing/testing (Inov 8 F-lite 195s) were a bit too minimal and soft for rocky and technical trails.

Second lap seemed to be a bit more conservative to start, but I ended up 10 seconds ahead of the first lap at the Saddle/Greenman jct., so I upped the effort a bit to the harder side of moderate and ended up a minute faster by the summit.  Went a little quicker on the second descent, but still somewhat slow due to the next pair of shoes I was testing (K-Swiss road shoes), as they had better cushion, but less than optimal support on the upper for this type of terrain and I was worried about twisting an ankle.

Splits:

1st lap:

Saddle/Greenman: 20:30
Summit:  36:20
Descent: 25

2nd lap:

Saddle/Greenman: 20:20
Summit:  35:20
Descent: 23

2 comments:

  1. Love the side shot. The hair, the glasses, the socks, the tude. Nice.

    Two laps where you go easy at my near all out pace. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...what GZ said...I would be hunched in a ball on the summit for a while to post anything in the 35's on that route, that is if I could even do it which is not likely at this point. I like to hear that though...gives me something to shoot for way out there in the distance.

    ReplyDelete