Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Saturday, 07/16/11 Bear/SoBo

9 miles/3,418 vert./1:56:55/159 avg. HR Garmin Data

Started from the Bear Mountain Drive TH a bit after 4pm.  For the first 5 minutes or so, I thought I was going to have a great run, but before long, I was dogging it a bit and once I hit Fern Canyon, I knew I was in for it.  The original plan was to get all 3 peaks, but as the run hike progressed, I knew I would be lucky to tag 2 summits.

From Bear, I headed over to SoBo, then back to Bear and down W. Ridge, looking for some easier cruising and would give myself the option to summit Green if I felt better.  I was tired, hot and uncoordinated on the down (and the previous ups too) and it became a bit of a death march back to the car.  Though the meager stats do not indicate as such, this one really hurt and felt like a lot of hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment