Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Thursday, 10/27/11 Local Baby Jogger Run

3 miles/190 vert./40 minutes/avg. HR 92

As I spent a fair bit of the day in the yard cleaning up branches that fell during the recent snowstorm, enjoying the warming sun, I was eager to get out for a run with the girls once they awoke from their afternoon nap. Their nap ran later than normal and by the time I wrestled them (despite their vocal protests) into their warm jackets, hats, mittens, etc.. and got them loaded in the Chariot, the setting sun, as if on cue, went behind a large cloud as soon as I rolled out of the garage. I tried to maintain a positive attitude, but as the temperature instantly dropped from a seemingly warm ~45+ to a very Winter like and cold ~32 with breeze (I was under dressed), I could not have been less enthused about being out for a run, but was determined to make the most of it after all the work to get ready. Sierra was apparently not into it either, so the entire run consisted of running hard enough to stay warm, then waiting on a reluctant dog to catch up as I froze. Went home and chowed on Boo Berry to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment