Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Incline 4/26/08

2 miles
2,100 vertical
23:33 up
176 bpm ave.

Jeff and I decided that we would add a bit of torture to the day by throwing in the Incline after a great morning of snow climbing. I was tempted to bail and earn a WMPH card, but Jeff was hearing none of it. I knew that I was not feeling fresh, in addition to feeling a bit flat and not mentally into it, but what the heck. I started off a bit fast, but things quickly steepen to remind (force) you to slow down. After a few minutes of "running", I slowed to a power hike with my hands on my knees for assistance. On the steepest section, I was using my hands as well to assist grabbing the ties above, somewhat like a laid back ladder. The entire time, I only focused on no more than 2 or 3 ties ahead. Looking up more than that is just too discouraging as the Incline is so "in your face". I was at about 172 for quite a while, 175 in the middle, then 178 near the top. I was giving it about all I had, but I did not really have too much on the day. I ended up missing PR by 7 seconds, but I guess that was to be expected, I was happy to be that close all things considered. I was sheer torture, but I love it and was very happy I did it afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment