Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Sunday, April 27, 2008

S. Boulder Peak/Bear Peak

9miles
3,300 vertical
2:15 RT
127bpm ave

I intended to go long today, but last minute guilty eyes from Sierra convinced me to bring her along and I suspected that this move would cut my run a bit short as she is tired from yesterday and she slows considerably as the weather warms.

The weather today was excellent and I felt really good. I immidiately regretted bringing Sierra along as she was moving quite slow. I went slow to keep her in sight and waited for a long time at all the water stops so she could cool off. Once we got into Shadow Canyon, she picked it up a notch as it was shady and somewhat cooler. We made the summit of S. Boulder in 1:04 going quite easy. After a bit of a break, we headed over to Bear, took another 5+ to take in the views and let Sierra rest. I debated Green, but just knew it would take too long, so we just headed back.

No comments:

Post a Comment