Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wednesday, 10/07/09 Green Mountain

Since I got out of work a bit early and it was such a nice day, I blew off Sanitas in favor of Green. I felt much better than the previous day as I had a somewhat light and healthy lunch, one of those days where I felt light and agile instead of bulky and bloated. My only problem was that my legs were feeling the previous days efforts (though not too bad). To be on the safe side, I did not push crazy hard, just a steady tempo, focusing on fluidity instead of brute force.

I made the Amphi/SR jct in 6:47, was around 12:50ish (I think) at the 1st Flatiron cutoff, then I diverted up the NE ridge and just hiked a good part of that. Made the summit in 34:54 and immidiately turned around to cruise the descent. I felt great going down and made quick work of the trail and the NE ridge. Just I was thinking I was nailing it, I took a minor slide, but pulled out of it with no consequence aside from my confidence being slightly shaken.

Up in 34:54
Down in 20:23
RT 55:17

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Seems about the same time as some guy who runs Leadville.

    ReplyDelete