Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monday, 08/16/10 Green Mountain

Up Gregory Ranger/Down Greenman/Saddle/Amphi

The plan for the day was to take it mellow, just roll with how I felt and not push too hard.  I started off at a very mellow effort, but my time check at the cabin was a surprising 16:02 and I was putting nothing into it.  Then I was 19:32 at the next junction, 24:38 at the flat spot on the ridge, near PR pace I think and I was still going pretty mellow, moderate at most.  I literally had to force myself to back off a bit, as I don't need to be setting a PR so close to my racing highlight of the year.  Made the summit in 37 and change, just as a strong storm was bearing down.  I tagged the top and immidiately started cruising the descent, hoping I could get to the car before the worst of it.  There was some good flashing and banging, but luckily nothing too close.  About half way down, steady rain turned to torrential downpour and I had a blast sloshing in the creek that is usually trail.  Made it down in 21 despite the poor conditions (or because of).

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that sounds like a super fun green ascent/descent! That's awesome you're feeling so strong with so little effort.

    ReplyDelete