Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Saturday, 08/14/10 Grays and Torreys

My sister Darcie came to visit for a few days and instead of going to Leadville to cheer on Lance as originally planned (Lance decided not to race), plan B was a 14er or two.  With perfect weather and the company of Nate, Brandon and Sierra, Darcie successfully summitted her first and second 14ers and did an awesome job, having only been in Colorado for a day since travelling here from sea level.  I am so proud of her.
Instead of writing more, I'll just post a few pictures from the day:


Nate, Rock Star, me

Nate (who is not pooping), Rock Star

Sierra

Sasquatch or Rock Star?

CROWDED!!

Nate and Darcie

Nate, Sierra, Darcie on Grays

Darcie, me, Nate on Grays

Darcie and I on Torreys

Nate and I at the saddle

Anthill

Oh, and for Lucho, we saw a Wolf hybrid on Pearl St. the following day.  It seemed more Malamute in the face/eyes/head, but the body was Wolf without a doubt.  Either way, a beautiful animal (very friendly too).





2 comments:

  1. Glad your sister got to share your 257th time up Grays and Torreys. It looks like you were nice to her and didn't run her into the ground. How thoughtful! :)

    Good luck on Pikes. I'm feeling great and hope it translates. Maybe I'll see you on top but don't wait for me as you'll be up there probably an hour and a half before me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may hire you to photograph me again.

    ReplyDelete