Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tuesday, 11/16/10 Green Mountain

I was up early feeding babies and figured since it was starting to get light as I was finishing up, I would strike while the iron was hot.  Somehow it managed to take me 90 or so minutes to dress, eat, check e-mail, download my daily podcasts, drive to Boulder, then poop at the TH.  Just as I was about ready to go (7:30am-ish), I heard a distant and distinct scratch, scrape, scratch, scrape and figured it must be Homie, since I was parked next to his car.  I was right in my assumption and spent a short while chatting with him.  We both had to boogie, as I had ~1 hour to meet Brandon and possibly go another lap (if I could get clearance from home) and Homie had to do something, not sure what he called it, work I think he said.

Due to the snow, I had been avoiding the front side in favor of shallower grades and marginally more sunshine of Gregory/Ranger, so I figured for something different, I would go up Amphi/Saddle/Greenman.  Immidiately I felt like crap, my legs had no pep and it was all I could do to get up the larger step ups.  My vision was also a little skewed, dark in the periphery and the middle was kind of like I got a surprise flash from a camera, or stared at the sun for a little too long.  I just went slowish (since that was about all I could muster up) and was thankful to make it to the top.  The wind was blowing, so I threw on my wind breaker and took off down Ranger/Gregory to warm up.  Fortunately, not long below the 4-way, the wind subsided and the day seemed warm again.  I just cruised casually on auto pilot back to the TH and then waited on Brandon to tell him that I would not be able to join him for a second lap (permission denied, probably for the best anyways considering how lousy I felt on the first lap).  I think lack of sleep was the main culprit, I should have just slept in and gone later.  Oh well, a tough day on Green is better than a great day on the flats or a treadmill.

Splits:

Up Amphi/Saddle/Greenman:  39:52
Down Ranger/Gregory:  25

No comments:

Post a Comment