Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday, 07/20/11 Green Mountain

Up/Down Front 4.03 miles/2,326 vert./58:13 RT (35:53 up)/154 avg HR Garmin Data

Despite it being really hot this afternoon, I was minimally impacted by the heat, so perhaps my frequent suffering as of late has finally helped me to build some tolerance.  Or, perhaps it was just a good day, aided by the fact that I took 2 days off (much needed day off on Monday and involuntarily on Tuesday with being a good dad obligations).  For some reason, last weekend really kicked my ass, I think a perfect storm of heat and a few piss poor nights of sleep.

Today I went a pace that felt really easy on the up and down and the splits for both felt appropriate, or even generous for the relative lack of effort I put in, as I felt I was totally "soft pedaling" the entire time.  I think I am back on track and hope to gain some good momentum as I have the next 10 days off and will be spending 5 of them at 11k and hope to get in a few quality high altitude runs in.

1 comment:

  1. I clicked on your B-log and it said you'd posted this 36 seconds ago. Glad I could be first.. You ran Green mountain today? Wow!

    ReplyDelete