Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Friday, 09/30/11 Green Mountain

From Chautauqua:  Up Amphi/Saddle/Greenman Down NE/1st Flat acc./Saddle/Amphi
4.62 miles/2,456 vert./1:08 RT (37:50 up +4:59 across Chautauqua)

Started a bit before 7am and it was still feeling pretty dawn like and a bit chilly, 42 degrees.  It was my intent to push hard on this run and shoot for a decent time, but I was not feeling it at all.  My legs felt OK at best, but my stomach was unsettled, my breathing was labored, I felt stumbly and tired, all kinds of excuses.  I vascillated between attacking the hill and giving up and eventually made the summit in a very disappointing 37:50, which did not at all coincide with my 165 HR.  Not sure what was up with that, but maybe I just need to take it easy for a few days.

Later in the morning, we all piled in the van and headed up to RMNP for a scenic foliage drive and a few miles of easy walking around Moraine Park.







Amelie and Darcie

Allison and Isabelle

Allison



Isabelle LOVES this


No comments:

Post a Comment