Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Monday, January 2, 2012

Sunday, 01/01/12 Local Baby Jogger Run

5.1 miles/194 vert./42:09/8:16 pace 140 avg. HR

First run with the jogger in a while (~ month?).  Went pretty easy it seemed, but the upper body was not used to the work, though the legs felt fine.  Would have liked to add a few more miles, but needed to take a trip to the airport.

I am not one to make New Year's resolutions, but I found this to be inspiring:

http://www.alpine-works.com/2012/01/another-day-another-mile/

Barring any debilitating injuries, I plan to stick to this (at least the best I can), as there are usually plenty of days in my year where I could easily squeeze in a mile or three or 5 from the front door, or from work, but just don't feel like doing it (mainly because it is not up a mountain).

2 comments:

  1. A mile alone seems like a waste of time. Probably better to take the day off then do the junk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that is definitely true on many days, but on many other days, I am lazy about it, or just make up lame excuses not to be bothered with it (flat runs that is). When it comes to getting out for a hill, suddenly it all seems worth all the effort and the drive, but those opportunities are limited and I have to get over the all or nothing approach.

    ReplyDelete