Sierra

Sierra
Sierra

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Wednesday, 02/29/12 Green Mountain

Up 1st Arete/Down 1st Saddle

3.02 miles/2,405 vert./1:08:25 (42:58 up)/avg. HR 149  Garmin Data

Had a fun afternoon jaunt up Green with Tony.  He introduced me to a new route variation along the 1st Arete and then along the side of the 1st Flatiron, then connecting with the "normal" 1st saddle route.  Interesting route that was a bit loose, technical and bushwhacky at times, but was a lot of fun, just the type of route I often times enjoy and even prefer.  Variable snow conditions, or lack thereof had me removing/installing the Microspikes very often (somewhat new spikes that I am trying to keep sharp).  Spent some time taking pictures in various spots for Tony's sponsors near the top.  I think I got some good ones.






We also got the girls each a pair of their own Nike running shoes.  Figured I would get a few silly shots of them in contrast to our Hoka shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment